Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Love Strung...

Loving Me!
"Love is being still enough to feel all that is going on inside you and then learning how to acknowledge and accept what you feel"- Iyanla Vanzant

Last night my friend and I got on the topic of LOVE! I am not sure how we actually got on this topic but we had a great discussion about love. I have to admit I am obsessed with love songs, love stories, and anything that about the topic of love...Everyday I post a love song on my facebook page because I believe that I should promote self love and hopefully people will recognize this and spread their love wings to everyone else in their circle.

Right now I'm reading "In the Meantime: Finding Yourself and the Love You Want" by Iyanla Vanzant. This book is a wonderful book and each page speaks directly to me and makes my eyes flow with tears of pain and joy. She gives various examples of how she searched for love in relationships with different people and it reminded me of myself and my quest for love. So many times we look for love in our daily lives and we fell to find it, this leads to continued disappointment which allows us to believe that we are unworthy of love. But that is far from the truth...we should never search for love in others without discovering the love we have in ourselves. The reality is that we can not get love from the outside with discovering the love on the inside! So many times we get into relationships looking for love, happiness, peace, etc...when we have not even tried to find these things in ourselves.  Before we get into any kind of relationship we should love our self and be happy with our self.  If not we will suffer because we will not even know what love is and we will accept anything for the sake of "love".  Once you find that love in yourself that brings that inner peace, your search for love in someone else is not that important. 

It took me a while to truly discover what "love" is...I believed if someone made sacrifices for you it was love, if someone "accepted" your flaws it was love, if someone told you that you were beautiful it was love....But I was wrong...At first I was disappointed that I failed at my attempt to find love...then I realized that I didn't fail but I was actually on a quest to find out what love was. Sometimes on your quest you will run into people who you believe at first then find out the truth later...but a lesson learned is never a mistake. Now when I go into any relationship I will not go into it looking for love but bringing love with me. I will keep my values, my life, my purposes, my goals, my respect, my excitement, most importantly I will keep myself. I will not let love uproot me and turn my life upside down ever again, I will not let love keep me away from friends, I will not love force me into false ideologies and beliefs, I will not let love abuse me physically, mentally, emotionally...I will let love bring a purpose, vision, values and most importantly happiness.

"The truth is that love is buried in your soul, and no relationship with anyone can unearth it or activate it in your life"- Iynala Vanzant
The first time ever I saw your face I thought the sun rose in your eyes And the moon and the stars were the gifts you gave To the dark and the end of the skies The first time ever I kissed your mouth I felt the earth move in my hand Like the trembling heart of a captive bird That was there at my command...my love The first time ever I lay with you And felt your heart so close to mine And I knew our joy would fill the earth And last 'til the end of time...my love
I love this song! This is love right here!

2 comments:

  1. your blog is so inspirational..im going threw a hard time in my life and your words feel as though your speaking directly with me...tears fall from my eyes because this all just seem like a sign....keep up the great work tasha

    ReplyDelete